We are excited to announce that the Seventh Annual Wharton Restructuring and Turnaround Conference will be held on Friday, February 18, 2011 at the historic Union League of Philadelphia.
The Wharton Restructuring and Turnaround Conference is an annual event for students, faculty, alumni and restructuring, turnaround and distressed investment professionals from across the world organized by the Wharton Restructuring Club. The event provides an opportunity to discuss critical restructuring topics and interact with some of the most successful individuals in the restructuring industry. We expect this year’s event will build upon the achievements of its predecessors, which have drawn hundreds of respected professionals from operational restructuring, financial restructuring, distressed investing and law firms.
• Roger C. Altman: Founder and Chairman, Evercore Partners
• Ron Bloom: Senior Counselor for Manufacturing Policy, U.S. Department of the Treasury
• Marc Lasry: Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Avenue Capital Group
• Distressed Private Equity: Investing in a Post-Crisis World
• Legal Restructuring: The Rise in Out-of-Court Restructuring: A Review of Houghton Mifflin’s Restructuring
• Distressed Hedge Funds: Window of Opportunity or Time for Restraint?
• Financial Restructuring: The Return of Special Dividends: Fraudulent Conveyance or Signs of a Brighter Future?
• Operational Restructuring: Maintaining Revenue Growth in Post-Recession Economy
• Case Study: Restructuring of General Growth Properties